Evelyn Joy Griffin was born Thursday, May 23rd at 12:23 pm. She weighed 7 lbs 13 oz and measured 20 in long. I was induced at Brookwood Hospital in Birmingham Thursday morning. Labor started at 7 am. In the later morning my nurse, Shelly, predicted it’d be later afternoon when Evelyn was born. I had measured 4 cm. Then, Shelly decided to check me. I had completely dilated 10 cm and was fully effaced. She called Dr. Stradtman and let me know I’d be pushing very soon! I pushed for 20-30 minutes. Oliver was born at 12:21pm on a Thursday so we were jokingly hoping and trying for her to be born at 12:21. It was close!
Evelyn was having low blood sugar. Because she could not regulate her levels she was moved to the NICU about 12:30 Thursday night. This was something I worried would happen since I had gestational diabetes. However, once she was given fluids she was doing great. Friday night the nurse took Evelyn off fluids and thankfully she was able to maintain normal glucose levels. Evelyn was discharged Sunday morning. The exact same thing happened with Oliver. Also, he was born on a Thursday and went home on a Sunday.
Oliver is absolutely loving having a baby sister. He gives her lots of hugs and kisses and has been teaching her to play with cars.
We had our first night at home last night. Evelyn woke to feed about every couple of hours. Other than that, she slept and I’d say it was a good first night!

No comments:
Post a Comment